Saturday, January 10, 2009

Studio Inspiration

I know we are just 10 days into 2009, but there are already some new tunes stirring around in my head. Some of mine, some of others. I hit the studio this Thursday (ahh!) to record some songs for a demo and I have had studio inspiration on my mind ALL day. I wanted to let you guys in on some new music that you can't miss out on for 2009. And, it seems that many of my favorite bands are hitting the studio this spring (Avett Bros, Grace & the Nocturnals, Drive by Truckers, etc.), which means some great music is definitely on the way people!

The first album you should own for 2009....
Derek Trucks Band - Already Free. Release date January 13, 2009
I am dancing in my chair as I write this, listening to some of the new tracks on this album. Fantastic. As a fan of these boys for years I had recently wondered, how does a band this talented get any better? Their reply: Already Free.
Choice track of the moment: "Don't Miss Me"

I couldn't find a live version of Don't Miss Me, but here's another live tune from the album, Sweet Inspiration. Also, if you want to learn more about Already Free, there is a great video on the making of the album at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkdaCCUH2do.

No comments: