Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The NEW March Madness

As many of you already know, the mayhem that is known as SXSW has hit Austin this week. The interactive and film parts of the festival began last week and the music "technically" starts tomorrow. This will be my first time experiencing the festival, and I must say I am giddy and anxious for what is to come. In all my festival days, I have never been to anything of this mass or proportion (redundant?, perhaps). Crazy doesn't begin to explain it.

Tomorrow begins some day party madness for me. I am super excited about some of the acts I am planning (and crossing my fingers that I will get) to see! I will try to update the blog with pics and such from shows....On tomorrow's list of hopefuls:

- A much buzzed about Samantha Crain and the Midnight Shivers - fronted by a great young singer/songwriter from OK.
- Elvis Perkins in Dearland - great new album...should be awesome
- Heartless Bastards - no, not the ones with James McMurtry - I was fooled at first as well. But, this would be the Ohio Heartless Bastards with some rocking grooves.
- M. Ward - AHHH! yeah, that pretty much describes it.


Oh, and forget NCAA brackets for me this year...SXSW has me way too hyped up to think about BBall. But, of course, I have to give a shout to my Tigers! PS, Clemson - let's make it a little longer than the recent ACC tourney, k?

No comments: