Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh, a Blog, what's that?

I apologize for being extremely lazy with blog posts lately. I don't have any good reasons either. The news is slow, the pickin's good and the weather has been pretty fab recently. Okay, maybe a few reasons...

This weekend I was able to catch some amazing Austin shows, a good warm up for what's about to hit me full force in just a week's time (SXSW!). The boyfriend was in town and on Friday night we caught the Belleville Outfit at Momo's. These kids (yeah, I can call them that b/c I'm not so sure they are even old enough to drink, which makes them much younger than I) are killing it and deliver a great mix of original harmony driven cajun-swing-jazz-and everything else. Definitely music you can shake to.



Last night we headed over to the Saxon Pub to see Bob Schneider's Lonelyland. I don't want to admit it, but it was my first time seeing Bob (in Austin, that's a bit of a bad thing!). Of course, he and the rest of the band were completely phenomenal. Bob is classic Austin. A dash of arrogance, great songwriting, lots of words one would not say around one's mother, and a lot of beer swishing fun. Every song felt like a new concert experience - it was great. The man is worth the hype and I will be making it out to many more shows!

No comments: