Sunday, October 12, 2008

Austin is fun

Yeah, many of you already knew that. I've been here just over a week and have managed to fit in so much already; enough to know that 6 months here is going to be incredible. I'm somewhat settled in my new digs - this pic is the view of downtown from my place.

So a run down of my first week in Austin: 3 parties and jam sessions, multiple happy hours, multiple trips to target!, a few days of work, a couple local shows (White Ghost Shivers and Dana Falconberry) and a day or so of rest (due to an untimely hangover). Whew....

I have met quite a few local musicians and music lovers and everyone is so eager to hear new people and share their music. It's great and the talent here is endless. A little intimidating if I think about it too long...

I'm headed to Ryan Adams tomorrow night at the Paramount Theatre. Should be a treat and hopefully I will post some pics from the show. Oh, and for you Jackson folk - enjoy the snow! It's a balmy 85 here today and I am loving the sun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice View...How far away is that?

S.Rose said...

it's actually not too far, i'm about 1/2 mile away from all the goods of "downtown"