Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ryan Adams = My Next Lover

I should probably tell my boyfriend, but seriously, how can I deny it after the show I saw Monday? Of course, I've never even met him. And I think he's a bit quirky....oh wait, that just justifies it even more!

Anyhow, caught Ryan and the rest of the Cardinals at the Paramount on October 13th and the boys did not disappoint. Despite the band being sick just 2 days before, one would never have guessed it with the energy and talent they oozed on Monday night. Tight tight tight....some highlights from the show were Come Pick Me Up (see below, couldn't find a clip from the Austin show), Dear John, Easy Plateau, Two, Stars Go Blue and Cold Roses.



So, not wanting to slow down any this week...on Tuesday I saw the fabulous and hilarious Toni Price at the Continental Club with Rich Brotherton. An amazing raw, bluesy voice matched with Rich's impeccable guitar skills (who is Robert Earl Keen's lead guitarist) - it was such a fun show. Be sure to check them both out....here's a small clip of a show from last year at the same venue.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Oh, I see. Leave ya on your own for a few days and you want to take other rockers home. I'll just go over here and hang out with Eric Clapton....

S.Rose said...

yeah, you know how i need my rock stars. don't worry, it'll probably be ray lamontagne next week...hehe...