Thursday, October 16, 2008

It Makes Me Cry

In a totally un-Austin related post...and since I have your attention...

Just came across the newly released "Murder in the City" video from the Avett Brothers. Kind of funny because my Austin lady friends and I have been discussing murder in the city for about a week...more specifically our fear of it because at heart we are all small town girls. So, at first it made me chuckle to hear this song again. Then I paused and got a bit teary-eyed. It's the "Avett Brothers' Spell" as I like to call it. Boy, does it ever spellbind me. So, please take a listen to a beautiful song done by 2 of my favorite musicians (and fellow North Carolinians). This is from Gleam II and it's a peak into just how well their penmanship with simple, emotional songs is. Be sure to watch and check out The Avett Brothers - they have much greatness ahead.



Oh yeah, forgot to mention in my Ryan Adams post that he, as well, is from ol' Carolina. Maybe I should just focus on all the great NC musicians this month, I could probably go on and on with my favs....Nina Simone, Doc Watson, Tift Merritt, Ben Folds, James Taylor, Charlie Daniels, Earl Scruggs, John Coltrane, Loudon Wainwright III...okay gotta stop now...

No comments: