Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Some Rainclouds for a Cloudy Day




I was just discussing the general music scene earlier today and the never-ending over presence of all male bands, songwriters, etc. Especially in the up and coming scene. So, then of course I found myself on a mission to find the hidden female gems that aren't getting the coverage they so deserve. And, being in Austin it's only fitting that one of the gals that crept up to the top of this list is Austinite Suzanna Choffel.

From her own bio, Suzanna describes her sound as "the time right before a storm hits...the smell of rain, pressure in the air, warm breezes, electrical skin tingling...sexy"..and I couldn't agree more. There's a fun bubbly presence in her music, with blends of ambient rawness. I'm a new fan and can't wait to catch a live show in Austin.

No comments: