Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ah, Yes, Thanks...

Thanksgiving is one of those weird holidays for me. I'm always not quite recovered from the horrors of Halloween, and Christmas is so close you can almost taste snowflakes in your mouth. Oh wait, I live in Texas now...I'm sure it's snowed here before...anyhow...I do love the idea of lots of yummy yummy food and football. It may not be my favorite holiday, but it's quickly growing on the list.

Every Thanksgiving is a bit different for me. For many years I have spent it with an "adopted" family of friends. Last year I was lucky enough to spend Thanksgiving with my guy and both our families. This year, no families, but the guy was in Austin to celebrate. We had a great time cooking a wee bit and digesting lots of food with our new "adopted" family in Austin. A few days later I am still in a food coma with a Budha belly, but I just remembered that I forgot to even Thank anyone on Thanksgiving. So, I must make up for that. But, I'll keep this short...

For starters, you, the one reading this blog. It's nice to know someone actually wants to keep up with me. Kudos to you ;).

The fam - mine, Aaron's and anyone who is in the "adopted" network.

The friends - NC, SC, Jackson, Austin and everywhere in between (okay you all live in way too many places for me to post).

And the dog - Harper, you're still in the fam, but you deserve an extra shout out b/c I want you to remember who's your favorite when I get back to Jackson.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving - full of food, family, friends, and don't forget, Thanks!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Great Tday in Austin! Thanks babe.