Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can

Wow. wow wow wow.

I am so very proud of this country right now. Tonight has been a whirlwind of emotions for me watching the results of our Presidential race roll in. Lots of happy tears and many screams of joy. We have a new President Elect and his name is Barack Obama!!!!

This is a day of CHANGE. Change that this nation so desperately needs. I am confident that President Elect Obama will bring this country closer together and take us steps ahead to a New America.

I could go on and on about what this days means to me, but I may cry more in the process, so I will keep that to a minimum. Congratulations America, the choice was yours and you spoke. Loud and Clear. I'll leave you with this tidbit from a song that keeps resonating in my ears today.

"There been times that I thought I couldn't last for long
But now I think I'm able to carry on
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will"

No comments: